Here are the 10 Best Step Counter Apps For Android & iOS (Free Apps).
10 Best Step Counter Apps For Android & iOS (Free Apps)
1. Leap Step Counter – Pedometer Free & Calorie Counter
Just tap the start button, and it starts counting your steps. Whether your phone is in your hand, bag, pocket or armband, it can auto-record your steps even your screen is locked.
This step counter uses the built-in sensor to count your steps. No GPS tracking, so it barely consumes battery power.
No locked Features
All features are 100% FREE. You can use all features without having to pay for them.
No sign-in required. We never collect your personal data or share your information with third parties.
Start, Pause and Reset
You can pause and start step counter at any time to save power. The app will stop background-refreshing statistics once you pause it. And you can reset today’s steps and count from 0 if you want to.
This step tracker is designed by our Google Play Best of 2016 winning team. The clean design makes it easy to use.
The report graphs are the most innovative ever, they are specially designed for mobile devices to help you track your walking data. You can check your last 24 hours’, weekly and monthly statistics in graphs.
Backup & Restore Data
You can back up and restore data from your Google drive. Keep your data safe and never lose your data.
Multi colorful themes are under development. You can choose your favorite one to enjoy this step tracker.
● To ensure the accuracy of step tracker, please input your correct information in settings, because it will be used to calculate your walking distance and calories.
● You are welcome to adjust sensitivity to make pedometer count steps more accurately.
● Because of the device power saving processing, some devices stop counting steps when the screen is locked.
● Steps tracker is not available for devices with older versions when their screen is locked. It’s not a bug. We are sorry to say that we are not able to solve this problem.
Looking for an accurate step counter & steps tracker? Does your pedometer use too much power? Our step counter & steps tracker is the most accurate one you can find and is also a battery saving pedometer. Get our step counter & steps tracker now!
Weight Loss Apps
Looking for lose weight app and step tracker? No satisfied weight loss apps? Here is the best lose weight app – step tracker you can find to help you lose weight. This lose weight app – step tracker not only can count steps but also a good weight loss apps.
Walking App & Walking app
The best walking app, step counter & walking app ever! It’s not only a walking app, pedometer & walking app, but also a walk planner. Try this walk planner, pedometer, get in better shape and keep fit with walk planner, step counter.
Samsung health & Google fit
Can’t your steps tracking app sync data to Samsung health & Google fit? You can try this pedometer. It makes syncing data to Samsung Health & Google fit easy.
Health and fitness
Looking for a health and fitness app? Why not try pedometer? This pedometer is designed to improve your health and fitness.
Free health apps
There are so many free health apps on Google Play. Among all these free health apps, you’ll find that pedometer is the most popular one.
Want a walk planner to keep fitness and walkfit? Walkfit is a good method of burning calories. Download this app to walkfit and keep in good shape.”
2. Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS FROM YOUR PHONE OR WATCH
Get instant insights when you exercise and see real-time stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Fit will use your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google smartwatch’s heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and Steps goal. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE ALL YOUR MOVEMENT COUNT
If you walk, run, or bike throughout the day, your Android phone or Wear OS by Google smartwatch will automatically detect and add your activities to your Google Fit journal to ensure you get credit for every move. Want extra credit? Turn up the tempo on your walks by starting a paced walking workout and stepping to the beat. Enjoy a different type of workout? Select it from a list of activities like pilates, rowing, or spinning, and Google Fit will track all the Heart Points you earn.
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Wear OS by Google, Nike+, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Basis, Sleep as Android, Withings, Xiaomi Mi bands, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Fit and your integrated apps in the redesigned journal. Or, get the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
KEEP A FINGER ON THE PULSE OF YOUR HEALTH
Breathing is one of the simplest ways to reduce tension and relieve stress. With Fit, checking in with your breath is easy—all you need is your phone camera. As well as your respiratory rate, you can measure your heart rate to get a better understanding of your body’s wellbeing.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: www.google.com/fit”
FEATURES OUR USERS ❤️
All features are 100% FREE
Download, open, and tap START to get started instantly
NO GPS tracking to save battery life
100% PRIVATE- we do not collect personal information
Built-in OFFLINE MODE
The best pedometer app and step counter made for Android. Free pedometer app automatically counts your steps, counts calories burned, walking distance, walking time, and walking speed. Pedometer is your go-to step tracker! It’s super simple, it is just like google fit, samsung health and runtastic and has all the advanced walking/step tracking features you’ll need, and is completely free. Try our advanced yet simple pacer pedo and step counter. The easiest way to reach your health and fitness goals by walking at least 10,000 steps every day.
🚶 WALKING APP
Try one of the most popular steps counter for Android. Make daily walking a habit and track your steps and calories burned. Our pacer pedometer & step tracker uses an advanced exercise tracker built-in. The best walking app, step counter & walking tracker ever!
🧮 CALORIE COUNTER
Are you looking for an easy to use calorie counter to lose weight app? Our step tracker & calorie burner graph is the most accurate in the Google Play store. Walking is one of the best ways to burn calories, get fit, and lose weight. This weight loss app will help you hit your health & fitness goals. Live healthy, be strong, and feel better with our free pedometer.
🔋 SAVE YOUR BATTERY
The step counter and step tracker uses the built-in sensor of your Android smartphone to count your daily steps. No GPS tracking to save your battery life. Download Pedometer step counter app now to instantly count steps and count calories burned. A fitness tracker that is easy to use and saves your battery.
🏆 FREE PEDOMETER STEP COUNTER
Check your step count, walking distance, time, and speed. Carry your Android smartphone instead of a handheld pedometer. Pedometer for walking helps you to stay fit and lose weight. Our walking app is the simplest way to track steps and count calories. Hit your health and fitness goals and lose weight. Made for speed walking. Calculate walking distance, walking time, calories burned, and much more.
Pedometer & step counter makes it easy to keep track of daily walking goals. Steps tracker free app can track your steps, count your steps, and show easy to read daily and weekly reports.
✅ 10,000 STEPS
Free pedometer for walking is the best way to hit your 10,000 step challenge goals. Walking has been proven to make you feel better and improve overall health and fitness. Track your steps and track your calories with a free pedometer for walking available for Android devices on Google Play.
There are many free health apps on Google Play. Among these free health apps, you’ll find that our real pedometer is one of the most popular pedometer apps for walking.
●To ensure the accuracy of step counting, please input your correct information in settings, because it will be used to calculate your walking distance and calories.
●You are welcome to adjust sensitivity to make pedometer count steps more accurately.
●Because of the device power saving processing, some devices stop counting steps when the screen is locked.
●Step counting is not available for devices with older versions when their screen is locked. It’s not a bug. We are sorry to say that we are not able to solve this problem.
●If it does not work on Xiaomi and Huawei devices, please change the settings on your device.
Download our free pedometer app for Android. Built-in step counter and step tracker. The best walking app and accurate pedometer. Grab a friend and let’s start walking!”
• Track Workouts – Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
• Set Goals – Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
• Follow a Plan – We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
• Stay Motivated – Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
• See Progress – This whole running thing works. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
• Running Groups – Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
• Audio Cues – A motivating voice that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
• Training Plans – Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
• Routes – Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
• Challenges – Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
• Partner Apps – Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify integration. Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
• Bluetooth Connectivity – Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions. Also, sync Android Wear, Pebble, and Garmin watches in seconds.
• Stopwatch Mode – Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
• Social Sharing – Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (Premium)
• Prescribed Workouts – Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
• Progress Insights – See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
• Live Tracking – Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.”
5. Charity Miles
Women’s Running Magazine’s Best Overall App
Men’s Fitness Magazine’s Game Changer of the Year
Winner of the SXSW People’s Choice Award
Winner of a Webby Award For Best Health & Fitness App
Join the Charity Miles community where you can earn money for charity when you walk, run or bike. So far our members have earned over $2.5 million for charity – helping others and themselves at the same time.
Anyone can use Charity Miles, anywhere – walking the dog, on your morning jog, or just moving through your day. Even if you’re already using a Fitbit or other activity tracker, you can still use Charity Miles to do more with your steps and earn money for charity.
Moving with purpose will inspire you to move more – to go the extra mile. It helps you appreciate your own health, which will help you make other healthy choices every day. This is why Charity Miles helps so many people lose weight and get in the best shape of their lives.
How Charity Miles works:
1. Charity Miles works like a pedometer, run-tracker, walking timer, cycling meter or running stopwatch. Just start and stop your workout to track your distance.
2. Choose from over 40 world-changing charities.
3. Get moving and start raising money for your charity!
• Stand Up To Cancer
• Habitat for Humanity
• Alzheimer’s Association
• The Nature Conservancy
• The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
• Team Red, White & Blue
• ALS Association
• National Multiple Sclerosis Society
• American Diabetes Association
• The Michael J. Fox Foundation
• Feeding America
• Charity: Water
• Girls On The Run
• Every Mother Counts
• The World Food Programme
• Wounded Warrior Project
• Autism Speaks
• The Partnership For A Healthier America
• Girl Up
• Back On My Feet
• Pencils of Promise
• Team For Kids
• Special Olympics
• She’s The First
• Vision Spring
• Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
• Achilles International
• The Ironman Foundation
• Nothing But Nets
• World Wildlife Fund
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CharityMiles/
• Instagram: @Charitymiles
• Twitter: @CharityMiles
• Support: https://twitter.com/CMilesSupport
With easy to read charts and history logs, monitor your steps, calories burned, distance, and time. As your best walking buddy, Accupedo will motivate you to walk more! Set up your daily goal and step towards a healthier you with Accupedo pedometer.
Accupedo counts your steps regardless of where you put your phone like your pocket, waist belt, or bag. Be healthy by setting up your daily goal and accurately monitoring your steps with Accupedo. logs. Explore the different options such as the GPS mode or the efficient power saving mode and choose what’s right for you. Personalize your exercising goals and track your progress through Accupedo!
• The intelligent algorithm starts tracking your steps, then stops and restarts automatically as you walk.
• Activity (walking, running, and biking) tracking with GPS on a map.
• Charts: Easy to read daily, weekly and yearly logs.
• Daily log history: Tracks steps, distance traveled, calories burned, and walking time.
• Smart messages and motivational daily quotes.
• Color themes and light/dark modes.
• Supports Google Fit health-tracking platform.
• Sync with MyFitnessPal.
• Share your progress on the social media, email, and messengers.
• Power usage mode options for efficient power saving.
• Smart filtering and ejecting out non-walking activities including driving.
• Customized personal settings: sensitivity, metric/customary, step distance, body weight, daily goal, etc.
• Customizable widget display modes: steps, distance, minutes, calories, and laps.
• Concise widget display on home screen: 1×1, 2×1, 3×1, 4×1, and 5×1.
• Database backup to the cloud server.
• Email a daily log file.
How it Works
An intelligent 3D motion recognition algorithm is embedded to track only walking patterns by filtering and ejecting out non-walking activities. Accupedo counts your steps regardless of where you put your phone like your pocket, waist belt, or bag. Easily track your progress through the use of this sophisticated algorithm and walk towards a healthier you!
Your phone may not be compatible with Accupedo. Some phones do not support the G-sensor in sleep (Standby, when screen is OFF) mode by those phone manufacturers. This is not a defect of this app.
• Step count may not be accurate if you put your phone in loose fit pants due to the random movement your phone makes in the pocket.
• The sensitivity of a phone can be different from others. So, choose a sensitivity level that works best for your phone.”
And with an engaged online community of 200 million members, you’ll find endless inspiration and advice as you strive to find your healthy—whether you want to lose weight, improve fitness, change your diet, optimize macros, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
MyFitnessPal isn’t just a meal tracker—or for counting calories. You’ll learn about your habits… get empowered to make smarter choices… and find the motivation to get healthy, stay healthy, and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance!
Discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been a featured weight loss app in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH MYFITNESSPAL?
Being a MyFitnessPal member is like having a dietitian, trainer, and coach at your fingertips.
■ Log Food & Activity – Keeping a fitness and food log is one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
■ Set Goals – Customize your personal weight loss, weight gain, weight maintenance & fitness goals.
■ Track Your Progress – See today’s progress at a glance, or analyze nutrition & calories in detail.
■ Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with guided Meal Plans from a registered dietitian.
■ Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh and fun.
And so much more!
A CLOSER LOOK AT NUTRITION TRACKER TOOLS
■ Biggest Food Database – Log to your food diary from over 14 million items.
■ Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add to your food log from history, or scan a barcode.
■ Calorie Tracker – Makes counting calories easy! Automatically calculate calories and follow your progress.
■ Macro Tracker – Automatic macro calculator shows carbs, fat & protein breakdown by gram or %. No need for a separate carb manager or protein tracker.
■ Custom Carb Counter Tools – Choose dashboards and settings to track your low-carb diet.
■ Nutrition Insights – Analyze nutrition intake and see how foods compare by calories and macros.
■ Custom Goals – Track calories by meal or day and set up nutrient and macro goals.
■ Personalized Dashboards – Choose from a calorie tracker or macro tracker, or pick your own nutrition stats.
■ Net Carbs Mode – Need a precision carb counter? Simplify your low carb diet: View net carbs instead of total carbs.
■ Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your Wear OS, Fitbit, and other smartwatch and fitness apps.
■ Track With Wear OS – View calories, macros, and water intake on your watch face.
Download the Pedometer app for free to turn your phone into your personal health and weight loss tracker! Lose weight with calorie burning guided fitness plans, step counting and activity tracking. Join our health, fitness and walking community and get fit and active!
How Pacer works:
-Just download, open and start walking. Our free step counter app will track your steps automatically if your phone is with you
-“Trends:” Track your complete activity history (steps, calorie count, etc.)
-“Explore:” Groups & challenges
-“Me:” Track weight, habits and more. Sync w/ MyFitnessPal & Fitbit.
-“Plan:” Daily exercise plans for your health goals
For Better Accuracy:
1. Go to “Pedometer Preferences” and adjust the Pedometer mode if the step counter is not accurately tracking steps
2. Add our app to your cleaning tool’s “ignore” list so the step tracker doesn’t get shut down
3. No two people walk the same. Adjust step counter sensitivity if needed to improve walking tracker accuracy
Some phones just can’t count steps if the screen is off or locked. We try hard to support as many phones as we can. If these steps don’t solve your problem, your device could be the issue. Email our support and we’ll work hard get your step counting back on track.
Just Download and Go
-No wristband or additional tracker hardware required. Count your steps with just your phone … and our counter is free!
-No website login needed. Just download our walking app to start counting steps and tracking calories burned.
Complete Fitness & Steps Tracking
-Built-in pedometer tracks your steps as you walk. The step counter works whether your phone is in your hand, pocket or purse
-Count steps, calories, distance and active time
-GPS activity tracker tracks outdoor fitness activities on a map
-Works with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. Pedometer syncs activity data to MyFitnessPal and Fitbit creating the ultimate weight loss tool and step counter app
-All of these tracking features are free! True free step counting.
Powerful Fitness Plans
-Daily exercise plans designed by pro trainers to improve health, lose weight and stay active
-Exercise plans for all activity levels and health goals
-Step by step audio and video guided workouts
Groups and Events – Motivation
-Create walking groups to burn calories together with friends & family
-Compete in events for motivation to walk and lose weight
Track your Health and Fitness Data
-Track your steps, activity and calorie burn. Make every step count and lose more weight
-Sync our tracker with apps like MyFitnessPal and FitBit for total step counting data and tracking
Create Healthy Habits
-One-tap tools to build health and fitness habits and beat weight loss goals
-Reach your goal: Walk more, Lose weight, or Improve health!
Other Key Features:
-The best pedometer for any phone
-Accurate steps & activity tracking
-Weight loss, BMI tracking and calorie burn counter
-Daily fitness plans for any health goal – lose weight, walk more or improve health
-Trends displays daily steps, calories and weight
-Auto-sync steps and calories to MyFitnessPal or Fitbit
Count on Pacer Pedometer for the best free walk tracker. Try Pacer Pedometer first before you buy a Fitbit or other tracker! Pacer syncs with MyFitnessPal and other step counter apps for all of your health and step data in one tracking app.
Syncing Pacer with Fitbit:
1.Set up your Fitbit App
2.In Pacer, tap: Me -> Data & Settings -> Apps & Devices and tap “Fitbit” to connect
3.Log into both your Pacer and Fitbit accounts and authorize Pacer to write data to Fitbit
4.Your Fitbit is now connected to Pacer”
Do you move enough throughout the day? Learn more about your daily activity and get fit by reaching your step goal! To provide you with a complete overview of your fitness progress, Stepz can import all your past steps from the Apple Health app.
Stepz respects your privacy: all your personal fitness data is stored internally on your device and never shared via a network connection without your explicit consent.
* Featured by Apple on the App Store Home Page under Best New Apps in 22 countries (April 2015) *
* FEATURES *
– Full Apple Health integration
– Automatically records your steps
– Very accurate and no GPS needed
– Runs in the background with very low battery drain
– Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and hourly step values
– Distance calculation
– Set your daily step goal
– Shows floors climbed
– Apple Watch app with clever data syncing
– Connect with your friends
* PREMIUM FEATURES *
– iOS Today Widget for Notification Center
– App icon badge shows your step count
* USER REVIEWS *
“Now that I have got this Stepz app I have stopped looking for any other system it is the very best to keep me on track.You have to try it once tried there is no looking back.” (Sep 2018)
“I love this app. It is just the tool I needed for motivation to walk more. Thanks. Keep up the good work.” (Jul 2018)
“Love love this step app. I’ve tried a couple others and read the reviews for STEPZ……decided to try “just 1 more”. It’s the best one I’ve tried! Love the calorie counting on this one too. Even the health one that comes with the iPhone doesn’t compare to this one. Thank you!” (Nov 2017)
Subscribe to take advantage of the features described above.
• Subscription length: weekly
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase.
• Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• The cost of renewal will be charged to your account in the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Terms of service: https://bendingspoons.com/tos.html?app=839671656
We are constantly improving our apps and would love to hear your suggestions, help us develop the best app available in the store! If you have found a bug, got a suggestion, or want a new feature, email us at: email@example.com”
10. EasyFit Step Counter
★ Extremely low battery usage even when you run it all day long. Special Power Save mode inside.
★ No locked features to force you to buy the Pro version.
★ 100% Privacy. No collection or selling of sensitive information like your email or personal name, gender, age, etc. No dangerous permissions to access your contacts or location. All your data is saved on your phone to ensure your privacy.
★ 28 Motivational badges.
★ 26 themes to have a colourful app experience.
★ Beautiful design consistent with google material design, no copycat. All original design ideas.
★ Home screen widget showing your current steps and badge of the day.
– Feature Graphic thanks to @lindsayhenwood from unsplash.”