10 Top Scientific Calculator Apps For Android & iOS (Free Apps)
1. Desmos Graphing Calculator
“At Desmos, we imagine a world of universal math literacy and envision a world where math is accessible and enjoyable for all students. We believe the key is learning by doing.
To achieve this vision, we’ve started by building the next generation of the graphing calculator. Using our powerful and blazingly-fast math engine, the calculator can instantly plot any equation, from lines and parabolas up through derivatives and Fourier series. Sliders make it a breeze to demonstrate function transformations. It’s intuitive, beautiful math. And best of all: it’s completely free.
Graphing: Plot polar, cartesian, or parametric graphs. There’s no limit to how many expressions you can graph at one time – and you don’t even need to enter expressions in y= form!
Sliders: Adjust values interactively to build intuition, or animate any parameter to visualize its effect on the graph
Tables: Input and plot data, or create an input-output table for any function
Statistics: Find best-fit lines, parabolas, and more.
Zooming: Scale the axes independently or at the same time with the pinch of two fingers, or edit the window size manually to get the perfect window.
Points of Interest: Touch a curve to show maximums, minimums, and points of intersection. Tap the gray points of interest to see their coordinates. Hold and drag along a curve to see the coordinates change under your finger.
Scientific Calculator: Just type in any equation you want to solve and Desmos will show you the answer. It can handle square roots, logs, absolute value, and more.
Inequalities: Plot cartesian and polar inequalities.
Offline: No internet access required.
Visit www.desmos.com to learn more and to see the free online version of our calculator.”
“Learn math, check homework and study for upcoming tests and ACTs/SATs with the most used math learning app in the world! Got tricky homework or class assignments? Get unstuck ASAP with our step-by-step explanations and animations.
We’ve got you covered from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus and geometry. You CAN do math!
KEY FEATURES • Word problem explanations! • Free to use • Step-by-step explanations for every solution • Exclusive how-to animations • Scroll through multiple solving methods per problem • Multi-functional scientific calculator • Interactive graphs
“An answer isn’t all you’ll get from this free app. Photomath also provides a step-by-step guide of how each problem is solved.” — Huffington Post
“The step-by-step guide is beneficial to students that do not have access to a tutor and struggle with solving math problems.” — Forbes
“A viral video about a new app looks like a dream come true for anyone who struggles with math.” — Time ___________________________________________
Want to boost your learning experience? With Photomath Plus, you get:
EXPERT EXPLANATIONS High-quality teacher-approved explanations for every problem in select textbooks, including word and geometry problems! Learn or repeat math concepts at your own pace.
ANIMATIONS Detailed animations that help you visualize and understand each math step.
TIPS & HINTS Level up your learning by understanding “how” and “why” math problems are solved, or remember forgotten terms and concepts with our embedded glossary.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play account at the confirmation of purchase. • A subscription automatically renews unless it’s canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. • Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. • Manage or cancel your subscription in your account settings on the Google Play after purchase. • Offers and pricing subject to change without notice.
Suggestions or questions? Email us at email@example.com
“Remember the Star Trek computer? It’s finally happening–with Wolfram|Alpha. Building on 25 years of development led by Stephen Wolfram, Wolfram|Alpha has rapidly become the world’s definitive source for instant expert knowledge and computation.
Across thousands of domains–with more continually added–Wolfram|Alpha uses its vast collection of algorithms and data to compute answers and generate reports for you.
Parts of Wolfram|Alpha are used in the Apple Siri Assistant; this app gives you access to the full power of the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine. Domains covered by Wolfram|Alpha include:
MATHEMATICS Elementary Math Numbers Plotting Algebra Matrices Calculus Geometry Trigonometry Discrete Math Number Theory Applied Math Logic Functions Definitions
STATISTICS & DATA ANALYSIS Descriptive Statistics Regression Statistical Distributions Probability
“Calculator 2 turns your device into an interactive piece of paper. Simply write a calculation and it gets you the result in real time. Develop it further with editing gestures or by adding new elements anywhere. Reuse previous results with drag and drop. Calculator 2 interprets everything you do on the fly.
Calculator 2 is based on MyScript Interactive Ink®, the next step for digital ink. It is the successor of the award-winning first handwriting calculator.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• Write calculations in an intuitive and natural way without a keyboard. • Erase easily by using scratch-out gestures to remove symbols and numbers. • Drag and drop numbers from and to the canvas, the memory bar or to an external app. • Copy your results to the clipboard or export them to other apps. • Fractions: Display results using decimals, fractions or mixed numbers. • Multi-line: Continue the same calculation on the next line or write several calculations on multiple lines. • Memory: Save results into memory. Reuse them anytime in your calculations. • History: Retrieve all your past calculations to reuse or export.
“This calculator allows you to easily handle all the calculations necessary for everyday life with a single application. A free calculator app with a clean interface and practical functions!
List of calculators currently supported:
1. Calculator ( + Scientific Calculator ) • Supports the four fundamental arithmetic operations, square, root, parentheses and percentage operations. • Supports scientific operations such as trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions. • Possible to modify incorrectly entered expressions with a freely movable cursor. • Simple and easy. • History available.
2. Unit Converter • Supports length, weight, width, volume, time, temperature, pressure, speed, fuel efficiency, and the amount of data. • Supports all unit conversions commonly used in everyday life.
3. Currency Converter • Supports 135 currencies in the world, including dollar, euro, yen, yuan, etc. • Automatically calculates using the real time exchange rate.
4. Percentage Calculator • You can easily calculate the percentage increase or decrease. • You can also calculate what percentage one number is of another.
5. Discount Calculator • Get a discount price by entering the original price and the discount rate.
6. Loan Calculator • You can calculate the total interest and total payments by entering the loan principal and interest rate.
7. Date Calculator • A feature that calculates the specific date or anniversary to be remembered!
8. Health Calculator • You can measure the body mass index (BMI) and the basal metabolic rate (BMR).
9. Automobile Fuel Cost Calculator • You can calculate the fuel costs required for driving a car or traveling. • Enter a distance and a fuel efficiency to get a fuel cost.
10. Fuel Efficiency Calculator • Enter the amount of fuel used to get the fuel efficiency.
11. GPA Calculator • You can correctly calculate your GPA!
12. Tip Calculator • The tip amount to be added will be automatically calculated if you enter the billing amount and tip percentage. • There is a function not to calculate tips on tax. • You may calculate the amount per person by dividing final amount by the number of people.
13. Sales Tax Calculator • Get a total price by entering the original price and the tax rate.
14. Unit Price Calculator • Enter the price and the quantity and you will get the unit price. • You can compare unit prices of various goods.
15. World Time Converter • Transforms the time of 400 or more cities around the world. • Daylight savings time will also be reflected in this calculation.
16. Ovulation Calculator • Calculates the time of ovulation and fertility using the menstrual cycle! • You can also create notes by date.
17. Hexadecimal Converter • Converts between decimal and hexadecimal with ease and convenience.
18. Savings Calculator • If you enter deposit amount, interest rate and time period, the interest after tax and final savings balance will be calculated.
[ Disclaimer ]Cleveni Inc. makes no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability or suitability of any calculation results or information provided through the ClevCalc app. Cleveni Inc. is not also responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, which may occur by the calculation results or information provided through the ClevCalc app.”
“A power calculator that helps solve math formulas with various functions such as permutation and combinations. The scientific calculator also comes with logarithm, exponential, and modulus operations.
With the power calculator, solve various arithmetic problems and math formulas for school or work. Stellar is a great app for any student studying mechanical engineering, physics, or mathematics.
The calculator app includes fractions, complex numbers, advanced statistics, and history and memory registers as well as trigonometry formula functions using Sin Tan Cos.
Scientific Calculator Feature Summary: – Logarithm and exponential functions – Permutation and combinations – Save your values in 9 custom memories – Copy & paste Clipboard support – Solve multiple calculations at the same time – View previous calculations history – Arithmetic & Trigonometric functions – Operations for basic mathematics such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and modulus – Texas Calculator – Can be used as a School Calculator – Engineering calculator – Geometry Calculator
Great for anyone looking for a math Calculator to solve their daily arithmetic problems.”
“Kalkulilo is a comfortable calculator program and offers several different modes.
– The scientific mode offers all the usual functions and operations like the basic arithmetical operations, power, logarithm, roots, trigonometry etc.
– The bit/integer mode offers logical operations (AND, OR, XOR, >>, etc.) on bit level. All values can be displayed as binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal numbers. Calculations can be done in 8, 16 32 or 64 bits.
– In the statistics mode you can create a sample by adding several values and then calculate mean, median, quantil values, variance, standard deviation, range etc.
– Trigonometry mode provides lots of trigonometric functions
– The base/radix mode allows you to do calculations with numbers of base 2 to base 36
– The Time mode lets you directly work with time values (hours, minutes seconds)
– A simple calculator is also included, with just the basic operators and large buttons.
Colorized keys will help to distinguish between the different categories of the functions and operations. The user interface (design, colors) can be customized.
The App also includes a calculator widget for the notification center and a calculator App for the Apple Watch.
Note: This app uses ads to generate revenue to cover the costs for developement and support, and to be able to provide the App for free. But you can get rid of the ads permanently for a small fee via In-App purchase.”
“Fraction Calculator Plus is your best way to deal with everyday fraction problems or even more complex woodworking calculations. It is invaluable when: – Helping kids do the math homework – Adjusting the recipe ingredients to the number of servings you need – Doing the calculations for your craft or even construction project and more.
Fraction calculator is easy and fun to use both on phones and tablets as: – Calculations appear in crisp type that you can read at a glance and from a distance – Innovative triple keypad display lets you type extra fast and enter mixed numbers like 3 3/4 with only 3 taps – Every fraction result is automatically reduced to its simplest form providing prompt and clear answers – Every result is also converted to a decimal number to have both values at hand – Step-by-step explanations help get a deeper understanding of the calculation process – The integrated decimal calculator allows solving problems containing either fractions or decimals or both – Calculator memory (M+, M- etc.) would be useful if you need to do a bunch of individual calculations and add or subtract their results.
It couldn’t be easier to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions! Let Fraction Calculator Plus turn your phone or tablet into an indispensable assistant.
This free version is ad-supported, but you can also try our ad-free version and PRO version for woodworkers. The latter boasts advanced features that anyone working with measure tape will appreciate.
Fraction calculator PRO version for woodworkers
With a PRO version, both the professional and DIY carpenters and woodworkers will be able to: – round to the specified denominator (2nds, 4ths, 8ths, 16ths, 32nds, or 64ths of an inch) – select to round up, down, or to the nearest number to avoid rounding errors – get the decimal equivalent of the fraction result calculated automatically Double-checking your wood plank measurements for accuracy whether in a workshop or at a construction site is a matter of few taps. Save time, effort, and material precisely calculating fractional inches for any project.
Fraction Calculator Plus (C) 2021 Digitalchemy, LLC”
“Your calculator has any features such as: touching to edit number and operator, reusing previous calculation result for the next calculation, sharing and storing result with note app? —> Calc can do all of them.
Calc is the special calculation app. It is the smartest and the most powerful until now. Besides, the interface was designed user-friendly with flat style, and more beautiful themes.
Specific features compared with other apps: ★ Calculate numbers with operators and display each calculation on one line, you can take a look at all of your calculations.
★ Reuse the previous result for continuing to calculate.
★ Allow editing numbers and operators when you input incorrect them at any position.
★ Update calculation ’s result automatically in concern with edited numbers or operators, reduce effort for calculating.
★ Share the calculation ’s history for your friend easily, or store it with some note ’s apps.
★ Store calculation ’s history for continuing to calculate later.
★ More themes are suitable for your interests. (Material design, Android L Theme…)”
“Graphing Calculator by Mathlab is a scientific graphing calculator integrated with algebra and is an indispensable mathematical tool for students from high school to those in college or graduate school, or just anyone who needs more than what a basic calculator offers. It is designed to replace bulky and costly handheld graphing calculators and works on virtually any Android phone or tablet.
Free version requires internet connection and contains ads! Upgrade to PRO!
Video: https://youtu.be/6BR8Lv1U9kA Help site with instructions and examples: http://help.mathlab.us If you have a question, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR • Square root, cube and higher roots (hold √ key) • Exponent or power, use x^ key, (x^2) • Logarithms ln(), log(), log[base]() • Trigonometric functions sin π/2, cos 30°, … • Hyperbolic functions sinh, cosh, tanh, … (hold “e” key to switch) • Inverse functions (hold direct function key) • Complex numbers, all functions support complex arguments • Derivatives sin x’ = cos x, … (hold x^ key) • Scientific and engineering notation (enable in menu) • Percent mode • Binary, octal and hexadecimal numbers, 0b1010, 0o123, 0xABC • Save and load history
GRAPHING CALCULATOR • Multiple functions graphing • Implicit functions up to 2nd degree (ellipse 2x^2+3y^2=1, etc.) • Polar graphs (r=cos2θ) • Parametric functions, enter each on new line (x=cos t, y=sin t) • Function roots and critical points. • Graph intersections • Tracing function values and slopes • Slide to scroll • Pinch to zoom • Fullscreen graphs (PRO) • Function tables • Save graphs as images • Save tables as csv • 3D graphs (PRO)
FRACTION CALCULATOR • Simple and complex fractions 1/2 + 1/3 = 5/6 • Mixed numbers, use space to enter values 3 1/2 • Use parentheses (1+2)/(3+4)=3/7
ALGEBRA CALCULATOR • Linear equations x+1=2 -> x=1 • Quadratic equations x^2-1=0 -> x=-1,1 • Approximate roots of higher polynomials • Systems of linear equations, write one equation per line, x1+x2=1, x1-x2=2 • Polynomial long division • Polynomial expansion, factoring • Linear and quadratic inequalities
PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS • Hold n! key to enter functions, double tap dot to enter comma • Combinations nCr(5,2)=10 • Permutations nPr(5,2)=20 • Sample A=[1 2 3 4 5]• Sample B=[2 3 4 5 6]• Sum sum(A) = 15 • Average avg(A) = 3 • Median median(A) = 3 • Sample variance var(A) = 2.5 • Population variance varp(A) = 2 • Standard deviation stdev(A) = 1.58…, stdevp(A) = 1.41… • Covariance cov(A,B) = 2.5 • Correlation corr(A,B) = 1
MATRIX CALCULATOR • Matrix and vector arithmetic operations • Vector cross product, dot product (hold *) and norm • Matrix determinant, inverse, transpose and trace functions
LIBRARY • Physical constants (PRO) • User defined constants and functions (PRO) • Save expressions for future reference”