Here are the 10 Free Apps For College Students (Android & iOS).
- 10 Free Apps For College Students (Android & iOS)
- 1. Evernote – Notes Organizer & Daily Planner
- 2. iStudiez Pro – Legendary Planner
- 3. Quizlet: Learn Languages & Vocab with Flashcards
- 4. Todoist: To-Do List, Tasks & Reminders
- 5. My Study Life – School Planner
- 6. XMind: Mind Mapping
- 7. Dragon Anywhere: Professional Grade Dictation App
- 8. Exam Countdown Lite
- 9. SimpleMind Pro – Intuitive Mind Mapping
- 10. FLASHCARDS+
10 Free Apps For College Students (Android & iOS)
1. Evernote – Notes Organizer & Daily Planner
– Focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. – Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes, add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio… and it’s all instantly searchable. – Create notebooks, organizers, planners and organize them any way you want and share with anyone. – Sync your notes and notebooks across your devices so your information is always with you. “Use Evernote as the place you put everything … Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times “When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag *GET ORGANIZED* • Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, memos, checklists and to-do lists. It’s the only planner and organizer you need • Keep journals, documenting the news and writing the events and milestones of your daily life • Take notes and create notepads in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more • Use camera capture to easily scan and comment on pieces of paper, including printed documents, business cards, handwriting and sketches • Attach Microsoft Office docs, PDFs and photos • Create separate notepads to organize your memos, receipts, bills and invoices • Use Evernote as a digital notepad, planner and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts and memos as they come *SYNC ANYWHERE* • Sync all your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone or tablet • Start your writing and task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat *SHARE YOUR IDEAS* • Create, share and discuss your notes and memos with the people who help get your work done, all in one app • Get inspired and brainstorm creative ideas by working collaboratively • Share your notepads, memos, journals, planner, organizer with your friends, colleagues or family *EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE* • Make personal to do lists to keep your thoughts organized by writing • Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists • Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive • Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties • Use it as a planner to organize your life with the smart notebook • Create smart notebooks, write memos and journals on the go with the easy-to-use notepad *EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS* • Create agendas and planners, write notes, memos, journals and craft presentations. Use it as your ultimate planner, organizer and notepad at work • Annotate documents with comments during team meetings, then share with colleagues *EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION* • Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought • Use it as a planner and organizer to keep track of lecture notes, exams and assignments • Create different smart notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized • Keep track of your upcoming exams, assignments and deadlines in your planner • Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research • Discuss and annotate notes, memos and drafts *HOME SCREEN WIDGET* Access Evernote easier and faster using the Home screen widget Also available from Evernote: EVERNOTE PREMIUM – The ultimate workspace. • 10 GB of new uploads each month • Unlimited number of devices • Access your notes and notebooks offline • Save emails to Evernote • Search inside Office docs and attachments • Annotate PDFs • Scan and digitize business cards • Show notes as presentations, instantly $7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your Google account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings.
2. iStudiez Pro – Legendary Planner
It is the best student’s planner, used in everyday academic life by hundreds of thousands of high school, college and university students across the globe. 9 years of solid reputation among students! 9 years of continued development and growth! 9 years of excellent user support! This app will be the life-saver in your academics. iStudiez Pro is one of the apps you’ll really USE in your daily school life. See how your grades go up as you stick to this app daily when planning your studies. You need this app when you want to… …ORGANIZE YOUR SCHEDULE Unique built-in planner lets you input and easy manage all types of schedules including classic, alternating (A & B weeks), and rotating and block schedule. Not only you can enter most common course details, but also add instructors with all related information such as office hours, affiliation, phone number and email address. As well you are welcome to add holiday periods and even cancel separate classes in case of outstanding events. In addition, you are supplied with an expanded set of icons designed especially for iStudiez Pro to mark your class types and extracurricular activities. Color labels are available for your convenience to mark each particular course. …FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR HOMEWORK Special section is dedicated to keep track of your homework and assignments. Whatever is the way you are used to manage your homework, you will find it all in iStudiez Pro. Whether you want to organize your assignments by date or by course or by priority or sort them into pending and completed, you have all options at your hand. …STAY UPDATED The main Today view updates your current schedule in the real-time mode. You’ll see online classes, regular schedule, exams, due assignments and even past classes if you need to practice some nostalgia. Today view is incredibly flexible and allows modifying details of classes, exams or assignments as per your need. …ENJOY CALENDARS INTEGRATION You can choose to see third-party calendar events in iStudiez Pro. OR you can share iStudiez Pro schedule into your calendars and share it with your classmates, friends, parents. …TRACK YOUR GRADES and GPA, COME TO LOVE YOUR EXAMS 😉 This option is based on assignments (support of weighted/non-weighted assignments) and exams, and GPA calculator is available both for current and past semesters. Support of most world used grading scales (letter grades, percent, points). More to it: you can set up your “tick tick time to prepare to your exams!” alert, allowing yourself to plan your own comfortable time to study. …BENEFIT FROM SEAMLESS DATA SYNC (IN-APP PURCHASE) If you want to keep your iStudiez Pro data in sync between your devices, you may like to buy the Full Version through the in-app purchase. The Full version with Sync should be bought on every platform where you would like to sync. This purchase is not the obligatory one. iStudiez Pro is the fully functional app and free to use without the Cloud Sync service. Follow us on Twitter (@istudiez) or on Facebook to stay updated of our news. We often do contests there and inform of current developments, so follow us now 🙂 Beautifully designed and easy to use, packed with amazing icons and cool features, helping you keep track of even the most complicated schedule, guarding the info of your teachers, grades and holidays, iStudiez Pro is the ultimate app for students to graduate nicely! Enough talk. Get it and tell us how it feels using the best student planner ever.
3. Quizlet: Learn Languages & Vocab with Flashcards
Quizlet is the easiest way to practice and master what you’re learning. Create your own flashcards and study sets or choose from millions created by other students — it’s up to you. More than 50 million students study with Quizlet each month because it’s the leading education and flashcard app that makes studying languages, history, vocab and science simple and effective. And it’s free! With Quizlet you can: – Get test-day ready with Learn – Put your memory to the test with Write – Race against the clock in a game of Match – Share flashcards with classmates (if you’re a student) or your students (if you’re a teacher) – Listen to your material pronounced correctly in 18 languages – Enhance your studying with custom images and audio Whether you’re doing standardized test prep for big exams like the SAT or ACT, studying for an upcoming midterm or test in school or learning new concepts, Quizlet’s learning app can help you learn with confidence. Use the Quizlet learning app for any subject, including vocabulary, biology, chemistry, social studies, AP, GRE and more. Learn foreign languages more effectively with study modes that allow you to memorize vocabulary, learn pronunciation and test yourself in more than 18 foreign languages, including Spanish, French, German and Chinese. Upgrade to Quizlet Go to unlock ad-free studying, Night Theme and offline access or get Quizlet Plus for all that AND image uploading, an unlimited number of classes and even more premium features on the Quizlet website. Quizlet Plus is available free for 7 days, so it’s easy to try before you buy to make sure it helps you pass your test, finish your homework, speed through a problem set or learn new vocabulary. We love feedback! Please email us at email@example.com or find us on Twitter or Instagram @quizlet. If you enjoy the app, please leave a review. It means a lot! *The Fine Print: Quizlet Plus and Quizlet Go subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your Google account. Your subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscription cancellations will take effect following the current active year. You can manage your subscription in the Google Play Store.
4. Todoist: To-Do List, Tasks & Reminders
🏆 2019 Editor’s Choice by Google 🥇 “Todoist is the best to-do list app right now” – The Verge Todoist is used by 20 million people to organize, plan and collaborate on projects, both big and small. Use Todoist to: • Capture and organize tasks the moment they pop into your head. • Remember deadlines with reminders and due dates. • Build lasting habits with recurring due dates like “every Monday”. • Collaborate on projects by assigning tasks to others. • Prioritize your tasks with priority levels. • Track your progress with personalized productivity trends. • Integrate your tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Amazon Alexa and more. Available on any device, Todoist will quickly become your hub for getting work and life organized. Why you’ll love it on Android: • Stay organized from your phone, tablet and watch. • Drag the Plus Button anywhere to insert a new task. • Simply type details like “tomorrow at 4pm” and Todoist will recognize it all for you. • All the power from Android: lock screen widget, Quick Add tile, Assistant, and notifications. Happy organizing! • • • Questions? Feedback? Visit get.todoist.help or reach out on Twitter @todoist. *About Premium billing*: If you choose to purchase Premium, payment will be charged to your Google Play account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can choose to be billed monthly or annually. You can turn off auto-renew in your Google Play settings any time after purchase.
5. My Study Life – School Planner
My Study Life is a cross-platform planner for students, teachers and lecturers designed to make your study life easier to manage. My Study Life allows you to store your classes, homework and exams in the cloud making it available on any device, wherever you are. Unlike a paper planner or school diary, My Study Life integrates all areas of your academic life – see homework due and overdue for classes, classes which conflict with your exams and even add revision tasks for a specific exam – all in a free, easy to use application. Far from your standard calendar, My Study Life is optimized to work for your school life right from the start with support for week and day rotation schedules. Add your classes and view them in a beautiful, instantly identifiable, familiar week view. My Study Life seamlessly syncs your data between devices, allowing you to use the app even when offline. You can add a task on the move from your phone or tablet and it will be instantly available on the web app. With My Study Life you can… Track your tasks – homework, assignments, reminders and revision. Store your tasks with ease in the cloud, accessible anywhere. Store exams – keep those all important exams alongside your classes and revision tasks. Manage your classes – your paper planner, turbocharged. Supporting day and week rotation timetables, advanced academic year/term support and integration into tasks you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. Get notified – reminders for unfinished tasks, upcoming exams and classes before they even start. Also available on iPhone, Windows 8, Windows Phone and the web at https://app.mystudylife.com
6. XMind: Mind Mapping
Focusing solely on mind mapping for 12 years, XMind represents our understanding of mind mapping tool. With its minimal design, smooth experience and powerful features, XMind is a powerful and easy to use mind mapping and brainstorming tool across all devices. #Beautiful and easy to use XMind mind mapping tool – Desktop-class mind mapping graphics engine (Snowbrush): ensure a fast and powerful mind mapping experience as in the desktop; – 16 mind map diagrams: including basic mind map structure, Fishbone, Org-Chart etc.; – 10 eye-catching themes: all themes are redesigned, which enables your mind map a new look and feel; – Files: faster find and manage mind maps on current devices; – Follow the guidelines defined in the material design specification – Cross platform synchronization: available for PC, Mac, iOS and Android, XMind works across different platforms. – Sharing: support exporting to .xmind or image file.Embed in Google Slides,Microsoft PowerPoint,Keynote. ——— #Mind mapping anywhere XMind, designed for people who work and study hard. White-collar workers, business people, Internet practitioners, etc. use XMind as a necessary efficient tool for brainstorming, organizing ideas and work plans in every day life. Students and teachers use XMind to organize notes, prepare lessons, make a plan for the new term and remember words. —— >Meeting Notes Record meeting content and ideas in a mind map as a clear and beautiful chart, put it in your PPT and show it to your colleagues >Lecture Notes Organize your lecture notes in a systematic way in a mind map, say goodbye to all the clutter and disorganization >Inspiration collection Easily record the inspiration and idea anywhere and anytime and form your own knowledge base. Brainstorm productively with friends. >Travel Plans Create daily plan before traveling. Record travel details during your journey. >Resume Introduce yourself with the Matrix or Timeline diagram more clearly and gain confidence. >Annual Plan All your daily plans, weekly and monthly plans or even annual plans can be presented clearly in a mind map. —— Let us know if you have any feedback, or if we can help in any way at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Dragon Anywhere: Professional Grade Dictation App
8. Exam Countdown Lite
Exam Countdown is a free and simple app to keep track of exam and test dates. The ‘must have’ app for ALL students preparing for exams and tests at ALL levels! – Store all your key exam and test dates in one place – Stay focused with a daily countdown – Color code your exams and tests – Choose from 400 icons – Share your exam or test on Facebook and Twitter – Add notes to exams and tests – Basic Notifications
9. SimpleMind Pro – Intuitive Mind Mapping
Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We’ve created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want. SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for Windows and Mac – https://simplemind.eu Highlights • Easy to use. • Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback. • Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements. • Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical. • Unique free layout or different auto layouts. • Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive. • Add media and documents. • Share Mind Maps. • Change and customize the appearance. • Tools to help you maintain overview. • Create ○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout ○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming) ○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements ○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page ○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map ○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect ○ use single select or multiple select ○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering ○ link any two topics with a crosslink ○ label relations • Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive ○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox or Google Drive as a conduit ○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps ○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map ○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days • Add media and documents ○ voice memos ○ videos ○ images ○ photos ○ notes ○ icons (stock or custom) ○ links (navigation or hyperlink) • Share your Mind Map ○ for example as PDF or Image ○ outline, can be imported in word processors ○ import/export as Freemind or opml ○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others ○ print • Change and customize the appearance ○ apply our pre-defined style sheets ○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors ○ change the appearance of topics and lines ○ customize background color • Maintain overview ○ collapse and expand branches ○ hide or show branches or topics ○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders ○ organize your Mind Maps in folders ○ search SimpleMind is optimized for both phones and tablets. Some features are only available in more recent versions of Android.