“View your altitude or elevation on stunning landscapes that adjust with the time of day. The barometer lets you track your altitude changes based on the change of pressure. Just set your reference pressure and altitude in order to use the Altimeter for seeing the difference in elevation of two points. Great for hiking and other outdoor activities. The Compass shows your real-time orientation in this elevation app.
A simple and uncluttered interface to read: • Altitude or Elevation • Latitude • Longitude
Features • Highest GPS accuracy for your device • Ground elevation from topographical map values • View in feet or meters • Built-in flashlight
Sharing • Share screenshots with beautiful backgrounds • Share on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Email, or text message
Use the Custom Background upgrade to take a photo from the top of a mountain and take a screenshot with your altitude or sea level overlaid to show your family & friends.”
“My Altitude uses GPS signals to determine your current location, altitude (height from sea level) barometric pressure and water boiling point.
This application does not need an internet connection and works best in outdoors.
By default, it uses device sensor to determine the altitude, but you also have the option to use NOAA data files to get the altitude of your location. On newer devices, using device sensor is more accurate.
It also allows you to get a picture of where you are and save it in photo album. Picture will be sealed with coordinates of current location along with altitude and local date/time.
Barometric Pressure is calculated based on elevation. On newer devices such as iPhone 6/6+ value is being delivered directly from device built-in barometric sensor.
“My Elevation uses web services to get your precise surface elevation based on your current location. This is far more accurate than the elevation data provided by your device. But there's so much more you can do with My Elevation. Try it and see!
Notes: ● The application shows the surface elevation above sea level based a latitude and longitude. It does not provide altitude in cases where you are in an aircraft, high up in a building, or high off of ground for some reason.
● This application must have a working data connection to be able to show your position on the map, get your precise elevation and provide much additional rich content . It does not have an off line mode. Please consider this before giving poor ratings when it doesn't work when you have no data connection.
● Follow Me Mode – Follows your current location in real time. Watch your movements on a map and see your elevation and coordinates updating as you move.
● Search for Locations and watch the map fly over to them. My Elevation will tell you the weather there and let you browse Wikipedia articles about attractions nearby the location. If you are curious at all about other places you will love this !
● Long press a location on the map and My Elevation will tell you the weather there and let you browse Wikipedia articles about attractions nearby the location.
● Add bookmarks for places you want to remember.
● Share your location or what you find in searches with your friends in a text or email.
Display Options Map Mode – Lets you pick one of four Google Map types (Normal, Satellite, Topo and Hybrid) Heading Up, Map Tilt and Night Mode
Try it out and let us know how it goes. email us at email@example.com or visit https://www.facebook.com/MyElevation
This application uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous data about how the application is used and what failures occur. This allows us to make the application better with each release. You can opt out of this by un-checking the Analytics data item in the application preferences. No personally identifying information is collected.”
“Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the US App Store for Navigation*** ***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment*** “adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” – Florin Tibu, “autoevolution” “I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” – Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro–see below): • Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU) • Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder • Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files • Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route • Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times • Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route • Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip • Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends • Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts • Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute’s “Agenda Nav” feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info • Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files • Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac): – $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial – Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version) – Sync routes and pins between devices – Weather charts/custom routes – Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas) – Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven’t used it in a while.”
“DS Altimeter is an elevation meter, elevation logger, and altitude mapper. In addition to showing and optionally tracking your altitude, the app allows you to search the altitude for other locations as well.
You can select from the best sources of elevation data, including:
1. Location based altitude from NASA's Shuttle Radar Topography Mission.
2. Satellite based altitude (GPS altitude) corrected to height above mean sea level (AMSL).
3. Get actual land survey altitude values for your location from the United States Geologic Survey – available for customers in the contiguous United States, southern Canada and Mexico.
4. Devices equipped with a barometer sensor can also obtain pressure altitude which is converted to elevation above sea level. For the most precise readings, calibrate the pressure altitude.
The barometric altimeter offers 4 calibration tools:
1. Calibrate to the nearest airport. Choose your airport from the app's dynamic list of nearest airfields. Airfield data is usually updated every 20 – 30 minutes.
2. Enter a QNH value.
3. Enter the benchmark (known) altitude value for your location.
4. Calibrate the barometric altimeter against the SRTM altitude map.
DS Altimeter also works offline: barometric altitude and GPS altitude corrected to elevation above sea level do not require an internet connection.
NEW IN DS ALTIMETER:
● Photo altimeter. Snap a picture of your favorite high places with the altitude shown on your photograph.
● Easily get the altitude difference and grade between two locations by tapping 2 points on a map.
● Record altitude profiles and elevation tracks for your favorite journeys to the highlands, the lowlands and everything in-between!
● [SPECIAL] View your altitude recordings on the included maps with all track points displayed. Tap any track point and get the altitude at that point.
● Elevation Search: Enter a place name or address and get the altitude above sea level at that location.
Upgrade the application to pro and gain access to even more features including the Altimeter Widget.
Going skiing? Record your ski run with DS Altimeter, then view your ski trail with its elevation points on the included maps. Mininum and maximum altitude points for your run will be clearly shown.
Altitude mapping and bathymetry (lake and sea depths) are also included with DS Altimeter. Tap anywhere on a map to find altitude or water depth at that location.
● The application includes a detailed help section.
* The perfect altimeter for skiing, hiking, mountain climbing and other outdoor sports, boating, marine navigation and anytime you are curious about your elevation!
PERMISSIONS AND PRIVACY:
DS Software does not collect any personal information such as phone ID or user account information.
1. Location permission if required for GPS. GPS data is used for land survey altitude matching and to determine elevation above the Geoid (then corrected to elevation above sea level).
2. Photos/Media/Files permission is required for the screen capture procedure allowing you to share an image of your altitude result.
3. Wake-up phone (Wake-Lock) and Boot Permission are required to periodically refresh the values on the Altimeter Widget and to reactivate the Altimeter Widget when the phone is rebooted / restarted.
4. Internet and Network permissions are needed to access online land survey databases in Government facilities.
5. Billing permission is required to purchase the application for the purpose of activating the altimeter widget, remove advertising and to receive unlimited altitude-track recordings.
6. Vibrate permission – to vibrate the phone for important alerts.”