1. “Decibel X – dB Sound Level Meter, Noise Detector”
“”Decibel X” is one of very few sound meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports frequency weightings: ITU-R 468, A and C. It turns your phone device into a professional noise meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be an essential gadget for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? “Decibel X” will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKES “DECIBEL X” SPECIAL:
– Trusted accuracy: the app is carefully tested and calibrated for most devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices – Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z – Spectrum analyzer: FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed. – Powerful, smart history data management: + Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis + Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services + Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record – Dosimeter: NIOSH, OSHA standards – InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, etc.). – Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
– Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds), FAST (200 milliseconds) and IMPULSE (50 milliseconds) – Trimming calibration from -50 dB to 50 dB – Standard measurement range from 20 dBA up to 130 dBA – Spectrogram – HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values – WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer – Real time scale level chart – Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts – Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples – “Keep Device Stay Awake” option for long duration recording – Reset and clear current recording at any time – Pause/Resume at any time
– Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30 dBA – 130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA. – Although most devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. To calibrate, you will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming value until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.”
“Sound Meter is in the 4th set of the Smart Tools collection.
Have you ever suffered from the noise of the neighbors? SPL(sound pressure level) meter app uses your embedded microphone to measure noise volume in decibels(db), and shows a reference.
REMEMBER! Most smartphone microphones are aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Voice calls do not require high-performance microphones. Therefore the maximum value is LIMITED by manufacturers, and very loud sound(100+ dB) cannot be recognized. Moto G4 (max.94), Galaxy S6 (85dB), Nexus 5 (82dB) …
See 6th images. I calibrated major Android devices with an actual sound meter (dBA). You can trust the result in routine-noise levels (40-70dB). Please use it as an auxiliary tool.
* Main features: – Upside down mode – Level notification – Line-chart duration – Material design
* Pro version added features: – No ads – Vibrometer – Statistic menu – CSV file exporting
* Do you want more tools? download [Smart Meter Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, watch YouTube and visit the blog. Thank you.”
“Sound Meter PRO is professional sound meter for your Android. Sound Meter is also known as sound level meter, decibel meter (dB meter), noise meter, sound pressure level meter (SPL meter). Sound Meter PRO uses your Android's microphone to measure levels of noise or sound pressure levels and displays measured data in dB (decibels) with reference to generally known noise (provided by American Academy of Audiology) or displays the noise data on easy to read graph for the last 30 seconds of app use.
Microphones in Android devices are made to record human voice, therefore the maximum noise is limited and very loud sounds cannot be recognized (in most cases above 100dB). Sound Meter PRO is calibrated to be accurate in +-2.5 dB range of actual noise level and is probably by far the most accurate sound meter on Google play. We have adjusted Sound Meter PRO with the use of professional sound meter used by sound engineers and made required adjustments for many Android devices, including the most popular devices on the market today.
Levels of Noise In decibels (dB) according to American Academy of Audiology (www.audiology.org): 140 dB – Gun shots, fireworks 130 dB – Jackhammers, Ambulance 120 dB – Jet planes taking off 110 dB – Concerts, Car horns 100 dB – Snowmobiles 90 dB – Power tools 80 dB – Alarm clocks 70 dB – Traffic, vacuums 60 dB – Normal conversation 50 dB – Moderate rainfall 40 dB – Quiet library 30 dB – Whisper 20 dB – Leaves rusting 10 dB – Breathing
Why would you use Sound Meter PRO? Measure the noise your neighbors make, check new computers, refrigerators, air conditioning units before your buy them for noise levels and select the more quiet ones, to have less noise pollution in your home. Measure how loud your car, motorcycle is. Adjust the sound system for the party you are making to safe levels not to damage peoples hearing. Measure the noise in the apartment, house you are about to buy, it might be too noisy to live in and demand for extra noise insulation. Measure your love ones snoring levels and show them the graph after. Possibilities are endless, Sound Meter PRO is a must have app for every Android device.”
“This award-winning app combines the best features of professional sound level meters and noise dosimeters into a simple, easy-to-use package. – Developed by experienced acoustics engineers and hearing loss experts. – Completely FREE – No ads, no limited features, and no in-app purchases. – Tested and validated (accuracy ± 2 dBA) according to standards in a reverberant chamber at NIOSH acoustics lab – the only proper method to validate accuracy. – Trusted source and world-class expertise in noise and hearing research. – Meets Type 2 requirements of IEC 61672:3 SLM standard when used w/ external microphone.* – Provides the most relevant metrics found in professional sound instruments today. Averages such as LAeq and TWA, Max and Peak Levels, Noise Dose and Projected Dose according to NIOSH and OSHA standards, and all three major weighting networks (A, C, and Z). – Capability to calibrate either internal or external microphone. Reporting and Sharing data. – Up-to-date informational screens on what noises are considered hazardous, how to conduct a noise measurement, how to properly select a hearing protector, and guidelines for preventing hearing loss, all at the palm of your hand. – Excellent and timely support from NIOSH hearing experts. – Support for Apple’s Health (Hearing) app.
* Celestina M, Hrovat J, Kardous CA . Smartphone-based sound level measurement apps: Evaluation of compliance with international sound level meter standards. Applied Acoustics, 139:119-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2018.04.011
More resources (including instructional videos and a user manual), a science blog, FAQ, and information about how to interpret results can be found on the NIOSH SLM website https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/app.html”
“Sound meter is an indispensable tool for your daily life, no matter what you do, where you stay, it is a practical noise detector to help you avoid noise pollution that harms your hearing and affect your rest. Our sound meter app can provide accurate decibel data and show you how the decibel goes.
Get noise data more comprehensively and more accurately: Minimal, average and maximal decibel Real-time decibel in dial and graph Levels of noise Calibrate before use for precise data Review measurement histories
Customize your sound meter Save audio file while measuring Set decibel warning when the value is higher than the preset one Open the sound or vibrate for the warning Apply the black or white theme
Other features of sound meter: Re-start measuring Suspend recording Rename, share and replay the recording Indicate the measuring duration, time and status
Notice: 1.To get an accurate decibel of sound with this decibel meter (noise meter), please calibrate before use (because the performance of the microphone will be different for each device). 2.Adjust the decibel according to your experience or calibrate with a real sound meter device for comparison. (Because we couldn't estimate the different decibel between devices, we do not provide a specific solution.) 3.To avoid unnecessary loss, please SAVE your recording before exiting the sound meter app 4.If the recordings are not saved, you cannot replay the measurement.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email.”
“★ Best Sound Meter (SPL – sound pressure level) is an app which can measure the actual sound level meter with decibels (dB). Sound meter is also known as sound level meter, decibel meter (dB meter), noise meter, sound pressure level meter (spl meter).
★ It uses your built-in microphone to measure environmental noise decibels (dB) and show a value for reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB.
★ Features of Best Sound Meter: – indicates decibel by gauge – display the current noise reference – display min/avg/max decibel values – display decibel by graph – can calibrate the decibel for each devices – quick reaction on sound level change
★ Levels of noise in decibels (dB) according to American Academy of audiology: 140 dB – gun shots, fireworks 130 dB – jackhammers, ambulance 120 dB – jet planes taking off 110 dB – concerts, car horns 100 dB – snowmobiles 90 dB – power tools 80 dB – alarm clocks 70 dB – traffic, vacuums 60 dB – normal conversation 50 dB – moderate rainfall 40 dB – quiet library 30 dB – whisper 20 dB – leaves rusting 10 dB – breathing
★ IMPORTANT information about Best Sound Meter: This tool is not a professional device to measure decibels. You have to know that the built-in microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore the maximum values are limited by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound (100+ db) cannot be recognized. Remember that sound meter app is only for fun and please use it as an auxiliary tool.
★ If you have any comments, feedback or you need help with Best Sound Meter, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com”
Sound Pressure Level Meter. This app uses the microphone to detect sound and convert it into an SPL value. FOR INDICATION ONLY. Results depend on your device and its hardware. The range between the noise floor and saturation may be only 20 dB on the worst devices, but could exceed 100 dB on the best devices. Features of this SPL meter include:
Analogue Dial with Max and Min indicators. Weighting – A, C or None . (A weighting filters the high and low frequencies according to how the ear perceives sound loudness). Results are in dB, dBA or dBC depending on weighting. Averaging of SPL, Clear and Pause buttons. Octaves and third octaves – Frequency spectrum of the sound. Graph – Shows the time depedence of the sound. Autoscale or manual (pinch & pan) Y-Axis. Relative button – if looking for differences, tapping REL will remove the current averaged value from the reading. Calibrate option – If you have a calibrated SPL meter or known loudness source, you can use this option to calibrate the meter. (However its still for Indication Only).
More technical details can be found on the website.
dB Meter is a full of features dBA sound level meter (noise meter) with exclusive accuracy of sound frequency measurements calibrated with a professional decibel meter.
A sound level meter (known as a noise detector) is useful for those who wants to avoid exposing their ears to harmful noise levels. But who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on one? So, use this dBA noise meter for your benefit.
dB Meter is a free mobile app that provides professional-quality measurement results, calibrated using accurate Nor140 high-precision sound level meter. With our dB Meter based on the FFT algorithm, you can measure ambient noise levels, save your measurements and their locations, and share your measurements with others. dB Meter is designed for detecting sound frequency. It combines a utility with stylish design and a polished user experience: a powerful tool in a sleek package. All this is at a tiny fraction of the cost of professional sound meters.
(Please note that a dB Meter sound & noise level meter app is not a replacement for professional sound level meter devices and should be used for personal purposes only.)
FEATURES: ● Highly accurate decibel meter.
● Saves location data for each measurement.
● Saves measurements with custom names right in the noise detector.
● Exports measurements.
● Four weighting types dba, dbc, dbb & dbz.
● Allows you to save, export, and playback recorded noise measurements.
● Integrated Fully Functional Spectrum Analyzer
● FFT Plot (Fast Fourier Transform)
● spl meter with linear and logarithm scales
● Up to 16384 FFT size (not all phones supported)
● A lot of available noise meter window functions
● Tracking for max noise volume value
● Max and Min decibel for any selected frequency
● Stunned graphics
Have any questions or suggestions about our spl meter? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
DB Chart to interpret the decibel meter measurements: 150-160 decibel = Eardrum rupture 140 decibel = Aircraft carrier deck. 130 decibel = Jet take-off (100 meters), a gun blast at close range. 120 decibel = Human pain threshold, loud rock concert. 110 decibel = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 1 hour. 100 decibel = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours. 90 decibel = Likely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours. 80 dB = Potential but unlikely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours. 70 dB = Just annoying, but probably safe noise. 60 dB = Typical conversational volume. 50 dB = A quiet, library conversation. 40 dB = A whisper. 30 dB = Barely audible sound. 20 dB = Threshold of human hearing. Can be detected only with a noise level meter.
So, use this spl meter app as a noise detector. This noise level meter will show you an accurate sound frequency around you.”
“Sound Level Meter app is shows a decibel values by measure the environmental noise, displays measured dB values in various forms. You can experience tidy graphic design with high frame by this smart sound meter app.
– Indicates decibel by gauge – Display the current noise reference – Display min/avg/max decibel values – Display decibel by graph – Can calibrate the decibel for each devices
Microphones in most devices are aligned to human voice. The maximum values are limited by the device. Very loud sounds(over ~90 dB) may not be recognized in most device. So please use it as just an auxiliary tools. If you need more accurate dB values, we recommend a actual sound level meter for that.”