5 Best Benchmark Apps For Android & iOS (Free Apps)
1. Geekbench 5
“Find out how fast your Android device is with Geekbench 5, the latest version of the popular cross-platform benchmark.
Geekbench 5 includes updated CPU tests that model real-world tasks and applications. These tests are designed to quickly and accurately measure mobile CPU performance. Every Geekbench 5 CPU test is multi-core aware, allowing Geekbench 5 to measure the full potential of your device’s CPU.
Geekbench 5 also includes new Vulkan Compute tests that measure the processing power of your device’s GPU.”
“GFXBench is a free, cross-platform and cross-API 3D graphics benchmark that measures graphics performance, long-term performance stability, render quality and power consumption with a single, easy-to-use application.
GFXBench 5.0 enables measuring mobile and desktop performance with advanced graphics effects and increased workloads across multiple rendering APIs.
• Cross API benchmark using Vulkan and OpenGL Aztec Ruins: our first benchmark to test devices with game-like content using available for both Vulkan and OpenGL ES 3.2.
• Aztec Ruins render features – Dynamic global illumination – Compute shader based HDR tone mapping, bloom and motion blur – Sub-pass based deferred rendering: Geometry and lighting passes take advantage of local memory caches. – Dynamic lighting and real-time shadows – Real time SSAO for depth-of-field effect
• Automatically detects your device’s capabilities and selects the most appropriate test set for your device to provide accurate information. Therefore, the list of available tests may vary between devices. • Car Chase for OpenGL ES 3.1 plus Android Extension Pack testing • Manhattan 3.0 for OpenGL ES 3.0 and Manhattan 3.1 for OpenGL ES 3.1 testing • Battery and Stability test: Measures the device’s battery life and performance stability by logging frames-per-second (FPS) and expected battery running while running sustained game-like animations • Render quality test: Measures the visual fidelity provided by the device in the high-end gaming-like scene • Multi-lingual, easy-to-use user interface: device comparison within the application by downloading the complete GFXBench database, extensive system information • On-screen and off-screen test run modes • Includes all previous low-level tests for devices with only ES2.0 capability.
Test list (varied by Vulkan and OpenGL ES capabilities):
• Aztec Ruins • Car Chase • Manhattan 3.1 • Manhattan • T-Rex • Tessellation • ALU 2 • Texturing • Driver Overhead 2 • Render Quality • Battery and Stability • ALU • Alpha Blending • Driver Overhead • Fill
Please note: The full fledged benchmark needs at least 900 MB free space on the device (required for the high-level test scenes).
Used permissions: • ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, INTERNET These are used by the data downloading and updating processes. We try to constrain our downloads to Wifi networks.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE These are used to store and read downloaded data on the external storage if its more adequate.
• BATTERY_STATS, CAMERA, READ_LOGS, WRITE_SETTINGS We strive to display the most detailed hardware information possible without any network communication. These flags are used for this purpose.
You can compare your benchmark results with all the other uploaded results at our website: www.gfxbench.com.
If you need any help, please contact us via email at email@example.com!”
“3DMark is a popular benchmarking app that helps you test and compare the performance of your smartphone and tablet.
3DMark benchmarks the GPU and CPU performance of your device. At the end of the test, you get a score, which you can use to compare models. But 3DMark also gives you so much more.
More than a score 3DMark is designed around data-driven stories that help you learn more about your smartphone and tablet. With its unique charts, lists and rankings, 3DMark gives you unrivaled insights into the performance of your device.
• Compare your score with others from the same model. • Compare your device’s performance with other popular models. • See how your device’s performance changes with each OS update. • Discover the devices that perform consistently without slowing down. • Search, filter and sort our lists to compare the latest mobile devices.
Best benchmark for your device When you open the app, 3DMark will recommend the best benchmark for your device. To save storage space and minimize download times, you can choose which tests you want to install.
Run 3DMark Wild Life to compare new Android devices from Google, Huawei, LG, OnePlus, Oppo, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, Vivo, Xiaomi and other manufacturers with the latest iPhone and iPad models.
3DMark Wild Life offers two ways to test your device: a quick benchmark that tests instant performance and a longer stress test that shows how your device performs under longer periods of heavy load.
3DMark Wild Life Extreme is a new test that sets a high bar for the next generation of Android devices. Don’t be surprised by low frame rates as this test is too heavy for many current phones and tablets.
Choose Sling Shot or Sling Shot Extreme benchmarks to compare low- to mid-range Android devices with older iPhone and iPad models.
Choose your next phone the easy way With in-app performance data for thousands of devices, it is easy to find and compare the best smartphones and tablets with 3DMark. Search, filter and sort the in-app rankings to compare the latest Android and iOS devices.
Download 3DMark for free 3DMark is a free app. There are no ads or in-app purchases. Download it today and join millions of people who choose 3DMark for accurate and impartial benchmark results.
System requirements • Wild Life benchmarks require Android 10 or above and 3 GB or more of RAM. • All other benchmarks require Android 5 or above.
This app is for non-commercial use only. – Business users contact UL.BenchmarkSales@ul.com for licensing. – Members of the press, please contact UL.BenchmarkPress@ul.com.”
“Benchmark the performance and battery life of your smartphone and tablet with PCMark for Android. See how well your device performs, then compare it with the latest models.
Work 3.0 benchmark See how your device handles common productivity tasks— browsing the web, editing videos, working with documents and data, and editing photos. Use Work 3.0 to measure the performance and battery life of your device with tests based on real applications.
Storage 2.0 benchmark Slow storage speed in a device can cause annoying lag and stutters in everyday use. This benchmark tests the performance of your device’s internal storage, external storage, and database operations. You get detailed results for each part of the test as well as an overall score to compare with other Android devices.
Compare devices Compare the performance, popularity, and battery life of the latest smartphones and tablets with the Best Devices list. Tap any device to see a side-by-side comparison with your own device, or search for a specific model, brand, CPU, GPU or SoC. You can even filter the scores by Android version number to see how OS updates affect the rankings.
The experts’ choice “PCMark is actually a solid example of mobile benchmarking done right.” Alex Voica, Senior Marketing Specialist at Imagination Technologies
“tends to test every aspect of a mobile device, unlike microbenchmarks that can often miss aspects of the system that can affect performance.” Ganesh TS, Senior Editor at AnandTech
“Battery life is generally difficult to quantify due to the huge variation in potential workloads…The best test we have for this is PCMark, which performs a few common tasks instead of purely synthetic loops.” Matt Humrick, Staff Editor at Tom’s Hardware
Choose your tests After you download the app, you choose which benchmarks you want to install. You can add and remove tests as needed without losing your saved scores.
Minimum Requirements OS: Android 5.0 or later Memory: 1 GB (1024 MB) Graphics: OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible
This benchmark app is for non-commercial use only • Business users should contact UL.BenchmarkSales@ul.com for licensing. • Members of the press please contact UL.BenchmarkPress@ul.com.”