10 Best Apps For Calculating Sunrise And Sunset Times (Android & iOS)
1. LunaSolCal Mobile
A smarter way to watch the sun and moon. Quickly calculate sun and moon activity.
* Calculates the following data: – Sunrise – Solar noon – Sunset – Twilight times – Equation of time – Declination – Azimuth of sunrise and sunset – Altitude of sun at noon – Moon rise – Moon transit – Moon set – Declination – Azimuth of moon rise and moon set – Altitude of moon during transit – Date of next new/full moon – Sun Path during the day – Moon Path during the day – Solstice and Equinox dates
* Specify a location by : – GPS receiver – list of more than 30000 cities – WGS-84 coordinates
* Any date between 01/01/1901 and 01/31/2099 can be selected
* Special layout for tablet devices (8-inch and larger)
* Information can be shared on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that the accuracy of the calculations decreases for locations north of 65°N and south of 65°S
“Sun Surveyor Lite takes the mystery out of the sunrise, sunset and magic hours, helping photographers and filmmakers scout the best locations, plan effectively, and get the perfect shot. Solar Industry (PV) Professionals, architects, real estate agents, and gardeners will also find a wealth of empowering, interactive features.
The 3D Compass and detailed Ephemeris provide a wealth of information about the largest natural light source in the galaxy:
– Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise & sunset – Visualize the sun's path throughout the day or through the year
– Visual time machine – take a quick glance at the light for a day, or dial in desired compositions easily – Twilight times – civil, nautical, astronomical – Solstice and Equinox visualization – Sun shadow information – calculate the length of shadows cast by objects – Magnetic declination compensation
Check out the Full Version of Sun Surveyor for more:
– Live Camera View – augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths; pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky – Interactive Map View – plan a remote shot or PV array placement, interact with a top-down perspective of sun and moon paths and events – Street View Panoramas – 360 degree spherical panoramas with selected sun, moon and milky way events overlaid, where available – Moon Information: moon position, moonrise, moonset, moon phases, apogee, perigee, distance and a Super Moon finder – Show clients the quality and quantity of seasonal sunlight at a remote location – Understand potential shade of surroundings and discover any obstructions – Create images of the summer and winter Solstice & Equinox paths for a site – Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features – Offline usage (excludes Map View, Street View) – enter coordinates, save & load locations with no data connection or GPS available – Measure distance, and difference between elevations, and vertical angle differentials with the Map view – Import and export Google Earth .kmz/.kml locations”
“Never be caught in the dark again. Created for people who love the outdoors to quickly see when and where the sun will set and how quickly it will get dark. Sunset, sunrise, civil, nautical and astronomical twilight shown visually around the watch face with automatic transition to red light mode to preserve night vision.
Includes sun position, sun path, moon position and moon phase.
Find true north at any time of the day by aligning to the sun, moon or stars.
Drag hour hand on iPhone to see positions and times for different days.
On Apple Watch the time to sunset or sunrise is shown.”
“Live free in the Sun! An elegant and modern solution for showing the Sunrise, Sunset, First and Last Light times to the exact minute for precisely where YOU are right now – not the “closest” city. The app also shows exactly how much daylight is left in the day – in a large, easy to read display – so you can plan ahead to the last ray of sunlight. Download it now.
It shows: • Sunrise time • Sunset time • First Light time (Dawn) • Last Light time (Twilight) • Converts timezones for foreign locations • Counts down the amount of daylight left in the day until last light • At night, counts down the time left until the first light of the new day • Counts down days, hours and minutes left until the shortest and longest days • Dates of the equinox and solstice • Times of the equinox and solstice for premium users • See the Sunrise, Sunset, First and Last light times for any day in the future. • Length of daylight for today – or any day in the future. • Percentage of the day or night completed. • Correctly handles Daylight Saving times. • GPS access is not required. • Landscape support on iPad.
An indispensable tool for those who don’t want to waste a moment of the day – or the night!
• We wrote this app for ourselves, but love sharing it and getting your positive feedback. Visit our support site to give us feedback – thank you in advance for your great ratings and reviews 🙂
“Small and fast app to give you the information you want right away.
Upgrade to the full version for widgets and an ad-free experience. With home-screen and lock-screen widgets, you don't even have to open the app to see the current rise and set times.
—Three Methods for Finding Location and Timezone— 1. Use your device's GPS to use your current location and timezone.
2. Pick a city from a provided list. This is great if you have no GPS or internet connection. The location and timezone data are stored locally in this list.
3. Use a Google Map to specify a manual location. This works without GPS, but you need an internet connection. IMPORTANT: With this method you must also manually specify the timezone.
—Barely Uses the GPS—
When the GPS is used, it is turned off right after a location is found. Then it continues to use this “last known location” unless you request an updated one. This saves your battery and puts the control of the GPS in your hands.
—Google Map for location without GPS—
Can't get a GPS signal, use the Google Map feature with an internet connection to pick your location.
Create a customized list of your favorite locations. These can be based on the GPS, Google Map, or the list of cities provided. You can then customize this list, give them names that mean something to you, even manually adjust the latitude, longitude, and time zone for each.
—Works Without An Internet Connection—
No internet connection is needed for the GPS to work or to choose a city from the list. The data is calculated locally to give you an accurate sunrise and sunset time. If you wish to use the Google Map you will need an internet connection, but once your location is chosen the internet is no longer needed.
—Customize The Display—
Choose to see more or less details. Show or hide seconds, AM/PM, and if the US or EU daylight savings time is used.
—Why This App?—
Knowing when the sun will rise or set in your area can be useful for many reasons, such as: – Hunting – Fishing – Photography – General Aviation Pilots – Camping – Hauling Wide Loads – Trucking – Walking”
Calculates when dawn, sunrise, sunset and dusk occurs, depending on location and time of year. A unique feature in this app is the graph view – this can e.g. be very useful for educational purposes.
Features: – A calendar view, showing the hour and minute when each event occurs, day by day – A graph view, showing how each event changes over the year – Shows local times, using current location, timezone and day by default – Select another day by sliding the view left or right – Select another location using sliders (latitude and longitude) – Select another timezone from a list (or let the app automatically select a default timezone appropriate for the selected longitude) – Create favorite locations and easily switch between these (e.g. if you often travel to a certain location and want to check sunrise/sunset in advance) – Select which definition to use for dawn/dusk (the twilight period): Civil/Nautical/Astronomical (the sun is 6°/12°/18° below the horizon) – Visualize how much effect moving south or north have on e.g. sunrise (see the graph change immediately when using the latitude slider) – Easily spot on the graph if you are so far north/south that the sun never rises or sets in periods of the year (and when these periods are)
This is the ad-supported free edition. A pro edition is also available, with more features and no ads.
“* View sunrise, sunset and golden hour times for any location on earth, for any date, all displayed in a simplistic, ad-free user interface
* Never miss a sunrise or sunset with daily alarms
* Stay notified of when the sun rises and sets with daily sunrise and sunset notifications feature
* Use the manual search functionality to check sunrise and sunsets for any location on earth
* Plan ahead using our date picker feature to check when the sun will rise and set for any date (past or present!)
– Sunrise and sunset times – Sunrise and sunset alarms – Alarm clock snooze functionality – Daily sunrise and sunset notifications – Sun golden hour and blue hour times – Home screen widget showing sunrise and sunset times – Other sun times such as civil, astronomical and nautical twilight times – Detect current location using GPS – Search for any location in the world – List of favourite locations – Ad-free
“Sunrise and Sunset timings for any place in the world and for any date. • Location Selection is automatic. Manual option to choose from over thousands of cities over the world. • 3D Visualization showing and explaining the path of the sun and the duration of the day. • Two widgets to keep track of daily timings. • Keep track of the planets rise and set times. • Civil, Astronomical and Nautical Sunrise Sunset times. • Shows Transit time, Length of day,Julian Day, Right Ascension (RA) and Declination of Sun. • Useful for Photographers. It will be helpful in keeping track of the golden hours and plan photo shoots. • Useful in Astronomy for planning out Solar Observations.
[Tip] : Keep pressing on the [<] or [>] Button to see the duration of day and night changing as the season changes!”
“🏆 More than 50 million users’ choice! A Popular weather widget app for you!🏆 This weather widget is a full featured, completely customizable digital clock and weather forecast app. With this weather forecast app, you can get daily and hourly forecasts, severe weather alerts, daily&7 day weather updates, fancy clock weather widgets, weather news and global weather. ————Features———— Realtime local temperature checker & live local weather This clock weather app displays weather temperature based on your current location. You can also add more cities to your city list, so that you can check global weather anytime. Hourly forecasts Before you go out, you can check this free weather app to get prepared for unexpected weather changes. In addition, you can also check hourly temperature and rain probability to plan your outdoor activities. Daily weather Besides, you can also check today&tomorrow forecasts (7 day weather forecasts) with this temperature app. With this accurate weather report app, you won’t get caught in the rain again! Severe weather alerts This climate app can also turn into a global weather tracker and it can send you severe weather alerts to help you get prepared for upcoming weather changes. So in another word, you can see it as a rain app of minute-level precision, as it can inform you these severe weather and sudden temperature change ahead of time. Distinctive clock weather widgets & weather themes This weather pro app is packed with different weather themes and temperature clock widgets to decorate your home screen. In addition, these weather widgets for android also display radar information like accurate outside temperature, forecasts, sunrise time and sunset time, humidity, air pressure, wave, UV, and cloud info. Free weather radar In our store, you can also find many customized widgets with free radar to decorate your phone. With the help of weather satellite map, you can check weather more intuitively. Detailed weather updates In this daily and hourly weather app, you can get more than just temperatures and clock. You can check humidity, visibility, UV index, air pressure, wind speed, sunrise time, sunset time in different units. Global weather coverage This accurate weather app enables you to add global cities on your check list and get real-time local weather forecast information. Feel free to take this weather app with you everywhere you go worldwide! Weather news This world weather app is not just about weather. In this temperature checker, you can get the latest news covering society, entertainment and sports. Daily weather updates brief Users can choose to receive daily weather updates brief report in the morning and evening to check weather today and weather tomorrow. Stay in touch If you would like to help with the translation and localization, please write to: email@example.com”